- Registration begins May 22 and ends June 2.
- You must register in-person, at the Children’s Desk located on the 2nd floor of the library.
- You must be entering Grades 8-12 in Fall 2017.
- You must be a resident of Nutley to volunteer.
- If you have not volunteered in the past, you will need to provide a letter of recommendation from anyone besides a family member who can vouch for your responsibility (teacher, guidance counselor, coach, minister, etc.). Letters of recommendation are to be submitted at the Children’s Desk on the 2nd floor by June 7.
- Training will begin the week of June 19. You must attend one training session, review contract, and provide dates you may not be available to work (appointments, vacations, etc.).
- The Summer Volunteer Program will begin on Friday, June 23 and end Saturday, August 12.
- We will try to accommodate as many volunteers as possible. Volunteer positions may be decided on by a “first sign-up” basis. If you are selected, you will be e-mailed after June 7.
- Any questions please e-mail Mrs. Albert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Artist Helper: Refinish and paint large objects such as “The Shoe.” Provide art work for programs using different mediums.
- Circulation Assistant: Help pack books to be sent to other libraries. (You must be entering 9th grade and above for Circulation Assistant position.)
- Library Cleaner and Organizer: Straighten up library, clean, edge books, etc.
- Maker Mondays Assistant: Assist patrons with making projects, crafts, and demonstrating and/or teaching technology (coding, legos, robotics, littleBits, snap circuits, etc.).
- Special Event Helper: Help at special events and programs throughout the summer (Kick-off Party, Story Times, Video Game Club, etc.)
- Summer Reading Prize Distributor: Provide weekly prizes to patrons, assist patrons with raffle tickets, and enter reading log numbers into Beanstack web application.